IBPS RRB PO
The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection conducts the IBPS RRB Officer Scale-I exam for the recruitment of Assistant Managers in Regional Rural Banks (RRBs) across the country whenever vacancies for Group "A" Officers (Scale-I, II & III). IBPS RRB PO exam is conducted to fill Officer Scale I posts in Regional Rural Bank. Scale-I officers are responsible for informing farmers about credit facilities, evaluating credit profiles and loan repayment, implementation and promotion of policies, and maintaining and auditing annual balance sheets.
IBPS RRB PO Exam Overview 2023
We are giving a brief overview of the exam of IBPS RRB PO, which is in the table given below. Here, we have given all the important topics of the exam through a table so that all candidates can read them quickly and start preparing for IBPS RRB PO 2023.
|Name of exam
Institute of Banking Personnel Selection
Regional Rural Banks (IBPS RRB)
|Probationary Officer, Officer Scale -I
|Officer Scale-I: Prelims, Mains, Interview
|IBPS RRB Exam stage
|Preliminary, Mains and Interview
|IBPS RRB Job Location
|IBPS RRB Exam Mode
|IBPS RRB Exam Duration
- Prelims: 45 minutes
- Mains: 2 hours
IBPS RRB PO Important Dates 2023
We have given you all the important dates of IBPS RRB PO so that all the candidates can understand the exam and start preparation for IBPS RRB PO. All these important dates are taken from the official notification, which will help a lot in your exam preparation.
|On-line registration including Edit/Modification of Application by candidates
|01.06.2023 to 21.06.2023
|Payment of Application Fees/Intimation Charges (Online)
|01.06.2023 to 21.06.2023
|Download of call letters for Pre- Exam Training l
|Conduct of Pre-Exam Training l
|17.07.2023 to 22.07.2023
|Download of call letters for online examination – Preliminary
|July/ August, 2023
|Online Examination – Preliminary
|Result of Online exam – Preliminary
|Download of Call letter for Online exam – Main / Single
|Online Examination – Main / Single
|Declaration of Result – Main/ Single (For Officers Scale I, II and III)
|Download of call letters for interview (For Officers Scale I, II and III)
|Conduct of interview (For Officers Scale I, II and III)
|Provisional Allotment (For Officers Scale I, II and III & Office Assistant. (Multipurpose))
IBPS RRB PO Vacancies 2023
The vacancy for IBPS RRB Clerk/Assistant is released for the year 2023. This year a total of 2,485 vacancies have been released for the office assistant post.
Previous Year RRB PO Vacancies
The post-wise and category-wise vacancies for IBPS RRB PO for the last year are given below in the table.
In this blog, the number of vacancies for IBPS RRB Officer Scale I (PO) has been given. You can check the post and category-wise vacancies released by IBPS for the recruitment of PO in RRBs and IBPS RRB PO Scale I You can also apply for the exam.
IBPS RRB PO Category-wise vacancies
IBPS RRB PO (Officer Scale 1) Eligibility Criteria 2023
The eligibility criteria include age, educational qualification, and nationality which the candidates need to fulfill in order to apply for the IBPS RRB PO Before applying for IBPS RRB Posts candidates must ensure that they fulfill the eligibility criteria. Read below for complete details on IBPS RRB Eligibility 2023.
IBPS RRB PO Eligibility Criteria are as follows:
IBPS RRB 2023 Age-Wise Criteria
|For Office Assistant (Multipurpose)
|For Officer Scale- I (Assistant Manager)
IBPS RRB PO Age Wise Relaxation 2023
|Ex-Servicemen/ Disabled Ex-Servicemen
|(for the post of Office Assistant (Multipurpose)) actual period of service rendered in the defence forces + 3 years (8 years for Disabled ExServicemen belonging to SC/ST) subject to a maximum age limit of 50 years
|Ex- servicemen commissioned officers, including ECOs/ SSCOs, who have rendered at least 5 years military service and have been released on completion of assignment (including those whose assignment is due to be completed within the next one year from the last date for receipt of application) other than by way of dismissal or discharge on account of misconduct or inefficiency or on account of physical disability attributable to military service or on invalidment, subject to ceiling as per Government guideline
(for the post of Officers)
|Widows, Women who have obtained a divorce or who are legally separated from their husbands but have not remarried
|Office Assistant (Multipurpose) Position Only Age relaxation for applicants up to the age of 35 for General/EWS, 38 for OBC, and 40 for SC/ST.
|People impacted by the riots in 1984
- The candidate applying shall ensure that, they maintain a healthy Credit history and shall have a minimum CIBIL score of 650 or above at the time of joining of RRBs. The minimum credit score will be as per the policy of participating RRBs, amended from time to time.
- Those candidates whose CIBIL status has not been updated before the date of joining, have to either get the CIBIL status updated or produce the NOCs from lender to the effect that there is no outstanding with respect to the accounts adversely reflected in the CIBIL, failing which the letter of offer shall be withdrawn / cancelled.
NOTE: Candidates with no bank account shall not be required to produce the CIBIL status.
IBPS RRB PO 2023: Nationality / Citizenship
A candidate must be either
- (i) a Citizen of India or
- (ii) a subject of Nepal or
- (iii) a subject of Bhutan or
- (iv) a Tibetan Refugee who came over to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanently settlin in India or
- (v) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia, and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India, provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) & (v) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
IBPS RRB PO Educational Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized University or its equivalent Preference will be given to candidates having degrees in Agriculture, Horticulture, Forestry, Animal Husbandry, Veterinary Science, Agricultural Engineering, Pisciculture, Agricultural Marketing and Cooperation, Information Technology, Management, Law, Economics or Accountancy;
- Proficiency in the local language as prescribed by the participating RRB/s*
- Desirable: working knowledge of Computers.
IBPS RRB PO (Officer Scale 1) Exam Pattern
The recruitment for IBPS RRB PO will be done based on the preliminary, mains, and interview round. All those students who will qualify for the preliminary will be called for the mains exam, and after cracking the mains exam, they will be called for the interview. The marks required by all the candidates to crack the IBPS RRB PO (Scale-1) are mentioned in the below table.
There will be three phases to the IBPS RRB Officer 2023 exam:
- Prelims Exam
- Mains Exam
IBPS RRB PO Prelims Exam Pattern 2023
- IBPS RRB preliminary exam is conducted in online mode.
- Here are 2 sections for the Prelims Exam: Reasoning and Quantitative Aptitude
- IBPS RRB PO Prelims is of a Qualifying Nature.
- There will be 40 questions in Reasoning and 40 questions in Quantitative Aptitude, a total of 80 questions.
- 45 marks will be given for all the subjects which include both reasoning and Quantitative Aptitude.
|No. of Question
|No. of Marks
|Total duration of 45 minutes
IBPS RRB PO Mains Exam Pattern
- There are 5 subjects for Mains Exam: Reasoning, General Awareness, Quantitative Aptitude, English Language, Computer Knowledge
- It has different Marks for 5 sections like Reasoning 50 Marks, General Awareness 40 Marks, Quantitative Aptitude 50 Marks, English Language 40 Marks & Computer Knowledge 20 Marks Total marks for 5 subjects is 200
- In this, 0.25 marks are deducted for all wrong answers.
|No. of Question
|No. of Marks
|A total duration of 2 hours
The final decision will be based on the candidate's overall performance in the Mains Exam and the Interview Process.
IBPS RRB PO Application Process
Prerequisites for Applying Online
IBPS RRB PO Before applying online, candidates should,
- Scan their signature and photographs. The candidate must ensure that both the photograph (4.5 cms x 3.5 cms) and signature adhere to the specifications mentioned.
- CAPITAL LETTERS signature will not be accepted
- Keep the necessary details/documents ready to make the online payment.
- Must have a valid personal email ID. This should be maintained until the completion of the recruitment process.
IBPS RRB PO 2023 Application Fees
Note: Candidates have the option of making the payment of requisite fees/ intimation charges through the ONLINE mode only.
- Rs. 175/- for SC/ST/PWD candidates.
- Rs. 850 /- for all others.
How to Apply for IBPS RRB PO Online
- Step 1 - Go to www.ibps.in website
- Step 2 - Click on the homepage
- Step 3 - Candidates applying for Officer Scale I need to click on the first link, candidates applying for Officer Scale II & III need to click on the second link
- Step 4 - Read the instructions given before applying for exams.
- Step 5 - Open 'CRP for RRBs' and click 'Click here to apply online for CRP RRB Officers (Scale I, II, and III) to open the online application form.
- Step 6 - Click on 'Click here for new registration' and register by entering basic information. A provisional registration number and password are displayed on the screen. Note this down. The registration number and password are also sent by SMS and Email.
- Step 7 - Fill in your basic information and click on the save and next option.
- Step 8 - Upload photograph and signature as per specifications
- Step 9 - Mention the name of the RRB in order of preference. You have to select the bank in order of preference. There is no limit to the choices made by a candidate.
- Step 10 - Indicate the state for provisional allotment.
- Step 11 - Before submitting use 'save and next' to verify and modify details if required
- Step 12 - Hit the 'Final Submit' button once you have verified your details
- Step 13 - Pay the fee/intimation charges online.
IBPS RRB PO Syllabus 2023
Here you can check the detailed section-wise syllabus for IBPS RRB PO Exam. Candidates must keep in mind the important sections of the syllabus and prepare accordingly for IBPS RRB PO Exam.
IBPS RRB PO Reasoning Syllabus
The topics asked in easoning are as follows:
|Puzzles – Box based, Floor, Calendar, Day/Months based, etc.
|Seating Arrangement– Linear, Circular, Facing Inside/Outside, Mixed
|Statement and Conclusion
|Coding and Decoding
|Statement-Course of Action
|Ordering and Ranking
IBPS RRB PO Quantitative Aptitude Syllabus
The questions asked from the quant topics are as follows:
|Average & Problems on Age
|Boats and Stream
|Pipes and Cisterns
|Clock and Calendar Problems
|Profit, Loss, and Discount
Data Interpretation – Charts and Graphs:
Line Graph, Bar Graph, Pie Chart
|Decimal and Fractions
|Indices and Surds
|Simple and Compound Interest
|LCM and H.C.F
|Permutation and Combination
|Square root, Cube root
|Mixture and Allegations
|Time and Work
|Number Series & Number System
|Time, Distance and Speed
|Volume and Surface Area
IBPS RRB PO Computer Knowledge Syllabus
The questions asked from the computer knowledge section are based on the below topics:
|History of Computers – Generations, Types
|Computer Hardware and IO Devices
|MS Office Suite – Word, Excel, PPT, etc.
|Basics of DBMS
|Operating System – Types, Functions
|Number System and Conversions
|Computer Network – Types, Topology
|Computer Virus & Hacking
IBPS RRB PO English Language Syllabus
The different topics asked in the English Language are as follows:
|Grammar (Verb, Prepositions, Adverbs, Articles, Tenses)
|Vocabulary based questions
|Fillers – Single, Double
|Odd One Out
|Idioms and Phrases
|One Word Substitution
IBPS RRB PO General Awareness Syllabus
The General Awareness questions in IBPS RRB PO mains are from the following topics:
|Sports and Games
|Current National and International Events – Download Monthly Current AffairsBolt
|Countries, Capitals, and Currencies
|Policies and Laws Related to Banking
|Awards and Honours
|Books and Authors
|History of Banks
|Economics and Finance
|Bank Rates, KYC, Bank Abbreviations.
|Financial Institutions of India
|Reserve Bank of India (RBI) – Structure & Function
|Banking and Economic Appointments – Download Monthly New Appointments PDF
|Indian Financial System
|Financial Markets – Its Types
|Money Markets and Capital Markets
|Bond Markets and types of Bonds
|Payment Banks and Small Finance Banks
|Economic Policies and Schemes of Government
IBPS RRB PO Salary 2023
IBPS RRB PO Salary is given in the official notification for the IBPS RRB PO Exam. As per the available information, the basic pay for IBPS RRB PO is Rs. 36000. The salary structure for Probationary Officers in Regional Rural Banks becomes more attractive after considering allowances and benefits. Below mentioned is the complete details of IBPS RRB PO Salary 2023.
The In-hand IBPS RRB salary for the different Assistant & Officer Scale posts are as follows:
IBPS RRB Posts IBPS RRB salary (In-hand Salary)
|IBPS RRB Office Assistant (Multipurpose)
|Rs. 15000 – Rs.19000
|IBPS RRB Officer (Scale I)
|Rs. 29,000 – Rs. 33,000
IBPS RRB PO (Officer Scale 1) Salary
IBPS RRB Salary varies depending on the posts. IBPS RRB officers can expect an amount of Rs. 43,000/- to 47,000/- for the PO posts. Below is the detailed description of the salary of the scale 1 IBPS RRB PO.
- The starting Basic pay for IBPS RRB Officer Scale 1 is 23,700/-
- The In-hand Salary at present varies from Rs.43,000 – 47,000 at 100% D.A.
- After the selection of the candidate for the post of Officer Scale-I, he/she will need to undergo training for 2 years under the probationary period. During the probationary period, the candidate will receive a fixed amount that is usually less than the normal pay scale.
- After completion of the probationary period, the candidates will be promoted to the Assistant Manager post.
IBPS RRB PO Salary | Basic Pay & In-hand Salary
IBPS RRB Officer Scale- I or PO Pay Scale is Rs. 23700 – 980/7 – 30560 – 1145/2 – 32850 – 1310/7 – 42021.
Annual IncrementsIBPS RRB PO In-hand Salary
|Rs. 980 for the first 7 years
|Rs. 1145 for the next 2 years
|Rs. 1310 for the next 7 years
IBPS RRB Other Allowances
Apart from the basic pay, the officers are entitled to the following allowances and perks:
- Dearness Allowance
- Special Allowance
- House Rent Allowance / Leased Accommodation
- Conveyance Allowance
- Furniture Allowance
- Household Cleaning Expenses
- Leave Encashment
- Leave Travel Concession
- Medical Reimbursement
- National Pension Scheme
- Newspaper Allowance
- Travelling Allowance
IBPS RRB PO Allowances in percentage form are as follows:
|75.9% of the basic pay.
|House Rent Allowance
For Rural Areas: 5% of the basic pay
For Semi-urban Areas: 7.5% of the basic pay
For Urban Areas: 10% of the basic pay
|7.75% of the basic pay.
|Other Allowances (Depends on Bank to the bank)
Newspaper Allowance (200 per month In case of PO)
Medical Reimbursement (8000 per year in case of Scale-1 and 2200 in case of office Assistant)
entertainment (400 Rs for 3 months and 1200 for a year in case of PO)